- Hardware specifications definition (VMware compute, networking, and storage resources)
- Software bundle (vSphere, VSAN, LogInsight)
- Brand new HTML5 interface enabling automated and simplified solution management
EVO:RAIL / VSPEX BLUE targets SMB enterprises with an easy to administer solution to deploy with a scalable model but also large enterprises for their ROBOs which don’t have local IT teams.
When we look into the Hyper Converge Infrastructure Appliance (HCIA) itself the minimal brick to buy and install is an appliance including 4 nodes (servers)
The maximum configuration for an EVO:RAIL cluster is 16 nodes (4 x 4 nodes appliances), a next version is planned to overcome this limit soon. If you need more storage you can connect to external storage but only by using existing and provided network interfaces or by using an external Cloud as EMC propose with CloudArray. EMC CloudArray’s approach to storage management enables you to scale your storage area networks (SAN) and network-attached storage (NAS) with on-demand cloud storage, providing a permanent solution for block and file capacity expansion, offsite storage, and data archiving using a gateway. You get a license of 1 Tb local cache that equals to about 10 Tb in the Cloud storage. More capacity, additional licenses are available: 3, 6 and 12 Tb. Quickly move data to, from, and between clouds is a very powerfull and easy to manage solution provided by EMC.
What does include VSPEX BLUE?
There is a Standard and Performance, different RAM amount: 128 or 192 GB /node. Dual Intel Ivy Bridge E5-2620 V2 (12 cores, 2,1 Ghh CPU), Network type interface: 1000 BaseT or SFP+ 10GB. Storage: 32 GB SLC NAND FLASH SATADOM (ESXi Boot image), 400 GB eMLC 2.5" SAS SSD and 3 x 1 TB 10K 2.5" SAS HDD. The SSD and SAS forms VSAN disk Group.
- VMware EVO:RAIL software bundle as discussed
- VSPEX BLUE Manager interface
- Direct access to VSPEX Blue Marketplace
- Integrated hardware components monitoring
- RecoverPoint for VMs (RP4VM): licence & Support for 15 VMs per appliance Sync or Asyns
- EMC CloudArray: 1 Tb cache per appliance
- 3 years maintenance and single contact for support
What’s the add value into EMC EVO:RAIL version? EMC that is one of the last to release its own version, but brings a lot of key features like: VM granularity protection with RP4VM. With the RP4VM release, enterprise-grade storage replication is now in the hands of the VMware Administrator, VSPEX Blue Manager: provides integrated management to EMC features, hardware monitoring and direct access to VSPEX Blue Market: EMC & 3rd party apps like VDPa (more to come...) and native integration between VMware VDPa and DataDomain.
Free IT resources to focus on important business initiatives and more time for Innovation.