VMware offers Free of Cost (self-paced) courses. These courses give you a good start point for persons who are not so familiar with VMware vSphere or related products. These courses are covering the starter level areas and worth looking into when preparing for any entry level certification like VCP. (Login account required)
Self-Paced (4.5 Hours)
This self-paced course covers the concept of disaster, recovery sites, disaster recovery or DR and business continuity or BC issues, and the planning process.
|Objectives:||After this course, you will be able to:
• Describe what a “disaster” is and what it is not.
• Describe the difference between DRP and BCP.
• Describe the importance of remote recovery sites in DRP.
• Describe the importance of storage architecture in DRP and BCP.
• Describe the issues involved in disaster recovery and business continuity.
• Use decision trees to design recovery plans.
• Use decision trees to develop BCPs.
• Discuss the features and functions of VMware products that map to tasks within the creation of DRPs and BCPs.
|Intended Audience:||SEs (VMware/Partner) seeking certification to become a VMware Technical Pre-Sales Professional.|
|Outline:||This course consists of the following modules:
• Module 1: Introduction to Disaster Recovery and Business Continuity
• Module 2: Using Decision Trees to Design Recovery Plans
• Module 3: Using Decision Trees to Design Business Continuity Plans
• Module 4: Mapping VMware Product Features to DRPs and BCPs